Every once in a while, each player gets caught up in the heat of the moment. Maybe its the heat, maybe its just that competitive edge most of has. But, in the end we all need to remember two very important things. This sport we play is about honor and integrity. As players, we tend to emulate the men and women of our armed forces and because of that we should emulate them with the honor that they show us. Respect your fellow players as you would those who wear the uniform for a living.
But, I digress. As I stated, we get caught up in the heat of it all. Tempers can rise fairly quickly and it is up to the better player to step back, breathe and approach the situation in a calm collect manner. Take a few moments before saying something to collect your thoughts. Then speak your peace, it will be amazing how far a little respect can go. This is the way to play airsoft.
Now, Thumpy Covey, of NC took a moment to explain the very same thing at his field, when he was playing and made the same mistake. In response to this, he has made this video to help explain how NOT to play airsoft. And if you would like more info about Mr. Covey you can visit his website at http://Thumpmaster6.wordpress.com
Based out of California and made up of a couple of Echo1 guys as well as other players throughout the states, Team Blacksheep has taken their time to put together a safety video. These are the simple steps any player can take to make the game, safe and fun. Play smart and play safe.
Update Fundraiser Thermometer Here
You heard that correctly. For many that do not know, Mindgame Productions, one of Florida’s most well known scenario companies usually caters to just the 18 year old and up only crowd. But a recent announcement from SHWELL has told us that the great people over at Mindgame Productions have changed that, allowing now minors from ages 16 and up. This is huge news for the airsoft community which only shows the growth of our sport. Please take a moment to check out Shwell’s video explaining what it is you will need to know about this special announcement. You may also want to visit the Mindgame Productions website as well.
Oh and Shwell? Love the shirt!
We all know it can get really hot down here. Put aside the normal heat, but humidity is not our friend. Airsoft and heat can be a deadly combination. We are the SFAA take your safety and health serious. This article can help you beat the heat and keep yourself from getting dehydrated. This article was taken from http://www.fitsugar.com
While it’s always a good idea to stay hydrated, it’s especially important when the temps of Summer start rising. Whether you’re spending your vacation camping and hiking or just doing more outdoor daily activities like biking and walking, I’ve got some tips for how you can stay hydrated during the warm weather months.
- Eat your water. Chowing down on water-filled foods like watermelon, is an easy and refreshing way to keep hydrated.
- Swap soda for sparkling water. If you’re trying to kick a soda habit, sparkling water is a healthy, but still fizzy, alternative.
- Hydrate before exercising. Be sure to drink water before exercising to maximize your workout.
- Drink water on the plane. If you’re traveling this Summer, don’t forget to drink up the H2O on the plane.
- Stay hydrated at work. Even when working indoors, it’s important to keep the fluids handy.
There are five more ways, so read more.
- Drink water before meals. By drinking water before meals, not only will you stay hydrated but you’re less likely to overeat.
- Have enough on hand. When you’re spending the day camping or biking, it’s important to bring enough water to last the trip.
- Spice it up with healthy flavoring. If you’re having a hard time getting enough water, spice it up with some natural flavoring.
- Keep track of your daily water intake. Try this tasty and handy way to keep track of your H2O intake.
- Keep a reusable bottle with you. Having a water bottle with you at all times is the easiest way to stay hydrated without even thinking about it.